The objectives of the PCC are defined by the Parochial Church Council (Powers) Measure 1956 as ‘to co-operate with the minister in promoting in the parish the whole mission of the Church, pastoral, evangelistic, social and ecumenical’.
The main activities of the PCC are:-
- to co-operate with the incumbent in promoting in the parish the whole mission of the church, pastoral, evangelistic, social and commercial.
- to consider and discuss matters concerning the Church of England or any other matters of religious or public interest, but not the declaration of the doctrine of the Church on any question.
- to make known and put into effect any provision made by the Diocesan Synod or the Deanery Synod, but without prejudice to the powers of the Council on any particular matter.
- to give advice to the Diocesan Synod and the Deanery Synod on any matter referred to the Council.
- to raise such matters as the Council consider appropriate with the Diocesan Synod or Deanery Synod
- to repair and maintain all Church buildings, and to raise money for this purpose.
- to provide proper insurance for all aspects of the parish life.
- to adhere to procedures and legalities regarding Health and Safety, Data Protection, Food Hygiene, Copyright and Child Protection.
- to ensure provision of regular public worship that is open to all.
- to ensure the provision of sacred space for personal prayer and contemplation.
- to ensure the provision of pastoral work including the visiting of the sick, the elderly and the bereaved.
- to see to the teaching of the Christian faith through sermons, home groups, children’s meetings and links with local schools.
- to promote the Christian faith through various events for the elderly, parents and toddlers and other special needs groups organised by the PCC and through the distribution of the parish newsletter.
- to support other charities involved in Christian outreach and development.
The PCC is elected at the Annual Parochial Church Meeting in April, with members being elected for a term of 3 years.
Current PCC membership – 2022-23
|Susan Kynaston||Director of Finance|
Deanery Synod Members
Deanery Synod members: